Monday, July 6, 2020

This was accidentally posted in the wrong one.

December 08, 2018


"Did you think that your feet had been bound
By what gravity brings to the ground?
Did you feel you were tricked
By the future you picked?
Well, come on down"

Ten years today I started my dream job in Disney World. As many of you know, it was not what I expected. It was quite a rough and negative time in my life but boy did a lot of incredible positives come too. I learned that no matter what happens or where we go that Aaron and I will always go together, I learned that letting yourself suffer is not commendable, nobody is cheering for you to "get through it" they just want you to be happy. 

I want to celebrate because really today is the anniversary of me living my dreams. Constantly saying yes. Making things happen. Ten years ago I realized that I'm in control of my future, I decide which way my life goes. ME.

Also one of the best things that came out of that job is my dear friend James who has been through this adventure with me. Also kudos go out to Christine who coached me through a large part of me realizing that I was in control of my future.

When I left I wrote in my blog that my reason for taking the job was to follow in Walt Disney's footsteps, I felt like my dream was to continue his legacy and put my love and strength into those footsteps. When I left I felt like I didn't do any of that. But today I realize I've been following his foot steps all along, but in my own way. I've been dreaming and doing for ten years now. 


❤️

No comments: