Monday, October 20, 2008

Guest Moments

So here's are two of my favourite moments so far with a guest.

Number one:

I am walking outside with a guest bringing them to the nearest smoking area when we are leaving the pavilion we're walking over this little bridge and she turns to me and says...

WOMAN: "Do you live under here?"

ME: "This bridge? uhhh I don't but there could be some trolls"

WOMAN: "hahah no I mean...under here"

ME:"I'm sorry?"

WOMAN:"like...under the park"

ME: "umm no, we're actually housed uhh outside but still on Disney property in really nice condos"

WOMAN: "So, not underground"

Me: "NO."

-END CONVERSATION-

I couldn't believe someone actually asked that!
YUP WE COME OUT OF THE SEWERS TO GET TO WORK!!


Conversation number TWO! This one happened yesterday. So I end up meeting a a Newfoundlander!

Man: "YES BY! YER FROM NEWFOUNDLAND!"
Me: "I am! Are you folks from Newfoundland as well?"
Man: "SURE ARE! WITLESS BAY!"
Me: "That's awesome! You guys are the first people I've met from Newfoundland!"
Man: "Yes By! Beers some cheap here"

The first thing he says is "beers some cheap here" not...."hows the job", "how'd you get here" or "do you miss home?"

I laughed so much after he left.
We talked a whole bunch more afterwards but that was the first thing he said to me. It was priceless.

On top of that so far I have been asked:
"Can you speak canadian?"
"Do you drive on the other side of the road in Canada?"
"What is your currency in Canada?"
"Does everyone in Canada have a tv in there house?" (why would you ask that?)
"What does Canadian Beer taste like?" (UHHH BEER)

2 comments:

DisneyTimitu said...

OMG Awesome Tracey. I have been waiting for people to post funny Canadian questions. There just isn't much out there about what people ask us. I cant wait. Must be neat to meet people from around your area. I hear of that often. I think it is neat. Small world huh. :)

Anonymous said...

Typical Newfoundlanders
Beer is cheap how good is that!!!
Love you Dad