Sunday, September 21, 2008

Where is the magic in this?

I feel a little left out because of the kind of people that are here.
I've found some great friends but it seems like so many of the other people are only here to get drunk and sleep around.

It bothers me a whole lot because I don't want to be around those people because like I said, I really don't like them (the way they are.) But at the same time, if I don't spend time with them I really will be pushed away from the "Canadian" girls group. Sometimes I feel like...I came for the wrong reasons? Like this isn't what I had expected.

I've had lots of fun but it's all way to HUGE for me.
I like low key events.
I like spending time with the girls I've bonded with, having a few drinks.
I love just hanging out with James and Jenn and going to the parks...or just talking.

The girl that is training me is 19.
She's a drunk.
She's so annoying and rude.
Also, apparently she does this to everyone she trains...she says on our lunch break that she "forgot" her card and of course...we all work in Disney world so we offer to pay for her lunch and she can pay us back. I cannot believe this. She doesn't pay anyone back and has been doing this for 6 months.

I wish someone would have told me about that.

and now I'm really upset.
Because I don't like most of the girls that are here because they're all so slutty and I just want to have fun without all this gross drama.
I miss Aaron...
I miss my normal friends back home...
I miss my family...

I'm glad none of my roommates feel differently then I do.
they understand me completely.

I just feel like a whole lot of the magic is taken out of this job.
sigh.

6 comments:

Alanna said...

I think that it is good to experience this. It will make you tougher, truly understand who you are and in the end you will be able to laugh at it.

There are bad people everywhere in the world. Learning how you deal with them is half the experience of living away from home and security.

Anonymous said...

I had similar feelings to you when I first started. My trainer never spoke english but spanish when I don't speak spanish. Wait until you get into your job and you will find that there are people there who will be the same as you. You have a group of really great friends who you will be able to hang out with there. Hang in there and keep your chin up :)

Jenn said...

I feel the same way sometimes, but Louise is right it will get better once training is done and you're on your own.

I think you'll really like seating in the restaurant. A lot of what you do is play trivia and talk to the guests. Plus, you work in the restaurant with everyone, and there are SO many nice people. I think you'll really enjoy working with them, and you'll find more people you get along with.

*HUGS* and worst case... we'll have fun together!!!!
<3 Jenn

hjb said...

I love you Tracey. You're still starting out, but just stick with your friends and branch out when you want to. Just because others might be there for different reasons than you, doesn't mean there's no magic left. There's still tons of nice people- just stick with them and you'll be fine. <3

Aaron, me, your friends and family are still here if you want to talk- like I said, phone me any time!!! <3

On lunchbreaks, you should pretend that you forgot your card to pay her back. XPPP

INFINITE XS AND OS!!!!

DisneyTimitu said...

Tracey... you and I will get along great then. I will have to get with you guys cause I am one of the Canadians as well who is not going there to be drunk... and I am not into the slutty stuff either. I just want to go experience the magic, remember being a kid and making peoples dreams come true. I am not into the drama. It is much more fun to be happy then to be all dramatic. I hope my room mates are like yours cause I know in situations like that sometimes it is just nice to talk and have people who feel the same to go out with. That is horrible that that your trainer is like that. That is horrible. It is good to know that things will get better once training is done. I am sure it will. Hope you feel better. And I will be seeing you soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Tracey, I understand completely!

I would be acting the exact same way too..I can't stand people who do those sorts of things because it's really not me, and I know it's really not you.

It'll get better though.
Your roomates seem to understand, and i'm reading the other comments that other people have left and they aren't like that.

Just hang out with the people who aren't insane, and you'll be fine =)

I'm sorry my comments are always so late =\..I always forget about this blog...gah

anyways, I love you
Call me soon